Purchase Resell Rehab Program
Down Payment Assistance Loan
- Available based on income eligibility
- 20% of final price or $20,000 (whichever is less)
- 0% interest
- No monthly payment
- Due back upon resale
- Annual household income cannot exceed the guidelines established by HUD
- Must invest at least $1,000 of your own funds toward the purchase of the home
- Need to obtain a mortgage loan from a lender of your choice
- Must complete a Homebuyer Education Workshop
- Must reside in home as your primary residence during the life of the down payment assistance loan
Documents Needed for Application
From ALL members of the household:
- Last 3 years’ tax returns (including W2s, 1098/1099 and all schedules)
- Last 2 months’ bank statements from all accounts
- Last 12 pay stubs from current employment
- Divorce Decree and Child Support Order, if applicable
- Social Security benefit documents, if applicable
- Life insurance cash value records, if applicable (not necessary for term insurance)
- Most recent investment statements, if applicable
Rehab Before & After Photos
For persons who qualify for our program and secure a primary mortgage, we provide down payment assistance (amounts to-be-determined on each home). At this time we DO NOT have any homes available.
Ferguson Drive Dedication
The Nor-Park Subdivision is located just north of the NPPD Campus and the Nucor Detailing Center on Chestnut Street in the city of Norfolk.
NeighborWorks Northeast Nebraska, Mesner Development Co., and Progressive Builders, Inc. have created the Nor-Park Development, LLC to develop this 20-acre tract of land. After 2 years of planning, the subdivision is ready for development. There will be 28 single-family lots, 22 lots for townhomes, 15 tri-plex units, and 2 apartment buildings with 28 units each.
The single-family lots will be developed for homeownership, while the townhomes will be constructed for either homeownership or rental. The tri-plex units and apartments are planned for rentals.
In addition to the housing units, approximately 4 acres have been dedicated to the City of Norfolk to add a new city park in this new neighborhood. An established walking trail to this housing project and future city park, allowing citizens to access other parts of the community via the city-wide trail system.
The land was acquired from the Greater Norfolk Economic Development Foundation and Nucor.